The Artists Association of Nantucket (AAN) announced Tuesday the winning artists for its People’s Choice exhibition, a show currently on display until November 10 in the Cecelia Joyce & Seward Johnson Gallery, 19 Washington Street.
Throughout the first week of the exhibition visitors toured the two-story gallery and voted for their favorite works.
“The exhibition featured over 60 works of art and 52 pieces received votes,” said AAN gallery director Peter J. Greenhalgh. “We were delighted so many visitors balloted and are pleased for the winning artists and all our members. It is a strong exhibition and includes a broad range of work from our long-established artists, as well as newer members."
- Willy LeMay, Snow Globe (photograph)
- Julija Mostykanova, South Shore (oil)
- Joan Albaugh, Good Morning (oil)
- Elle Foley, Coming Home (oil)
- Sharon Woods Hussey, Autumn Wetlands (oil)
- Jocelyn Sandor Urban, Too Big/Big Enough (oil)
- Jan Purdy Metcalf, Old Harbor Dawn (oil)
- Alison Smith, Out of the Blue #1 (oil & cold wax)
- Daniel Sutherland, Hathorne Tree at Trotts Swamp (photograph, pigment ink)
“The AAN includes close to 300 local artists members, and we are thrilled to congratulate each of the chosen winners, many of whom brought in their finest work for the show,” said AAN artistic director Robert Frazier.
The gallery is open Tuesday – Saturday, 10 A.M. – 5 P.M., closed 2-2:30, but will be closed on Saturday, Nov. 11 in honor of Veteran’s Day and reopen on Friday, November 24 with the Holiday Small Works exhibition.